Sample questionnaire to determine whether we can help you with your legal issue:
1. Your name
2. Your employer or person/entity you have an issue with. Describe the person/entity or company, how many employees does it have, what type of business, where is it located, etc.
3. Are you currently employed at the company? If not, when did you stop working?
4. Were you terminated or did you resign? Describe briefly the circumstances of your separation from the company.
5. Briefly describe your issue. For example, is it one of the following:
• Sexual/gender harassment
• Race harassment
• Harassment based on any protected class, including religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability or opposition to illegal practices
• Race discrimination
• Age discrimination
• Pregnancy discrimination
• Disability discrimination and failure to accommodate actions
• Medical/family leaves of absence
• Whistleblower actions
• Employment contracts and severance agreements
• Overtime and other wage and hour issues
• Class actions
• Invasion of privacy
• Assault and battery
• Emotional distress claims
• Wrongful termination
• Severance agreements
• Employment contracts
• General business litigation
• Other tort actions
6. Briefly describe your legal issue. For example, if you believe you have been sexually harassed, describe what conduct you have been subjected to that you believe was inappropriate or illegal. State when, where, who, what etc. for the conduct you are referring to.
7. If there is an offender, describe that person, their position in the company, in particular their position as it relates to you (for example, are they your supervisor, your co-worker, a customer, a vendor, the owner, etc.)
8. Describe your employment or relationship with the company – for example, how long have you worked there, what positions, your salary and benefits, any performance reviews, discipline you have received, praise you have received, etc.
9. Describe briefly what you have done so far to address the wrongdoing. For example, have you complained to the company or wrongdoer? If so, when, and describe how the complaint was communicated by you and how they responded.
10. Have you filed bankruptcy in the last 5 year or do you have an active bankruptcy case pending. If so, please describe.
11. Have you ever sued anyone previously or pursued any claims against an employer? If so, please describe.
12. Do you believe you have been retaliated against? If so, please describe what conduct you engaged in that led to you being retaliated against, and what actions you feel were retaliatory.
13. Have you filed anything with the employer, the state or any agency? If so, please provide. Have you hired a lawyer previously? If so, describe.
14. What are your goals in pursuing any claim?