- Founder, 2008
Pamela Teren founded Teren Law Group in October 2008. Pam graduated from UCLA in 1985 with a B.A. in political science. In 1987, Pam obtained an M.A. in history from California State University, Fullerton, while at the same time pursuing teaching credentials and substitute teaching at local high schools. She attended Loyola Law School from 1987-1990, obtaining her Juris Doctor in 1990 and graduating cum laude and order of the coif.
Pam began her law career at Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker in its employment law department. At Paul Hastings, she learned to defend employment cases, representing only employers who had been sued. This experience has been critical to Pam's subsequent work representing employees. Pam was able to observe traps many employee plaintiffs enter, which lead to devastating results in their cases. She also learned strategies for defending cases, which allows her to approach the prosecution of employee's claims with the knowledge of how they will be defended. In all battles, knowing your opponent is essential to victory.
Pam's experience representing both defendants and plaintiffs in employment litigation gives her and her clients this edge in litigation. In 1995, she co-founded the law firm Abrolat & Teren, LLP, which she co-operated until she opened Teren Law Group in October 2008. Pam enjoyed great success representing employees in employment litigation, achieving a success rate of over 90 percent in her cases. She also enjoys a perfect, zero losses record in defending motions for summary judgment on plaintiff's cases and has received plaintiff's verdicts in all but two of her trials.
Pam's high energy and intensity, balanced with reasonableness and realism, and her ability to stay focused on the end result has been the formula to her success. Ms. Teren's aggressive but practical approach to her cases has created her excellent reputation for results-oriented representation and given her a wide referral base. Her referral base includes not only colleagues and former clients, but court personnel and most of her opposing counsel and their staff alike.
Pam has also been a speaker/trainer for various seminars and training sessions on employment issues, including "Sexual Harassment Update" for the Lorman Business Center and "The Seven Deadly Sins of Sexual Harassment Investigations" for the California Employment Law Council. Pam has also testified as an expert witness in the area of employment litigation.
She has the distinction of being selected for inclusion in California Super Lawyers annually since 2012, has been identified as a "Top Employment Attorney" by the Daily Journal and was named on of California's Top Women Attorneys by the Los Angeles Magazine.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Litigation
- California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1990
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctorate - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- California State University, Fullerton, California
- M.A., Master of Arts - 1987
- Major: History
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1985
- Major: Political Science
Classes / Seminars
- Sexual Harassment Update, Lorman Business Center
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Sexual Harassment Investigations, California Employment Law Council
- LACBA’s Employment Law Symposiums on Employee misclassification - Independent Contractor vs. Employee Classification, 2015
- Settlement and Mediations , 2015
- Employment Law Round-table for California Lawyers, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Named as one of California's "Super Lawyers"
- "Top Employment Attorney" by the Daily Journal
- Named on of California's Top Women Attorneys by the Los Angeles Magazine
- AVVO - rating 10
- Nations Top One Percent
- Top Women Attorneys in Southern California
Past Employment Positions
- Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, Employment law department
- Abrolat & Teren, LLP, Co-Founder, 1995
Fraternities / Sororities
- Alpha Delta Pi